On a crisp, beautiful morning in the fall of 1992, my mother gave birth to a baby girl 2 weeks earlier than she expected and named her Joanna, which means “God is gracious”, and if that doesn’t summarize my short life, I don’t know what does.
Hi, I’m Joanna, and I write the stuff here at zarephath. If you’re wondering about the name, this should satisfy your curiosity. I love to write, and I love to write about what God has done for me and what He has taught me. God really has been gracious to me, and I’m still regularly amazed by His faithfulness. I don’t have much to say, but what I write, I mean with every fiber of my being. So if I can encourage you, then I know I haven’t wasted my time. If I have managed to make your day better, or if you have any questions, send me a line or two over here. I love to chat.
Since we’re getting to know each other, here are 10 random things about me:
- I am basically the loudest geek I know, and if you feel me, you might like The Squirrel’s Diary, my place to freak out over books and movies.
- I’m a certified dental assistant (which means I help with everything but cleaning your teeth), and my favorite procedures are extractions.
- I’ve never been to the beach. The closest I’ve been to the ocean was to see the Statue of Liberty.
- I have an associate’s degree in psychology that I got purely for the fun of it.
- I have a horrible phobia of Peter Pan. It’s a long story.
- I love to read, and my favorite authors range from Louisa May Alcott to Ted Dekker to Leo Tolstoy.
- I have 3 brothers and 0 sisters. Someone once told me “that’s why you’re so mean”, but I don’t know what he was talking about.
- I love coffee, but I never learned how to make it. I keep our local coffee shops in business.
- Regarding #9, I judge coffee shops by their ability to make a dirty chai, aka a tea latte, so I guess I’m an unfair judge.
- I’m the least artistic person I know, but I get really excited over yarn and knitting needles and crochet hooks.